Terms and ConditionsVersion date: 22 October 2015
1. The competition is free to enter and is open to amateur and professional photographers alike but excludes employees of Luxury Jersey Hotels, Jersey Evening Post and their families.
2. By entering, competition entrants agree to these terms and conditions: (a) all photographs submitted must have been taken in Jersey; (b) all entries must be uploaded by the 7 November 2015; (c) all entries must be uploaded to www.jerseyeveningpost.com/picturejersey (d) Entries uploaded later than the closing date may be disqualified, (e) each entrant may submit up to four images as high resolution jpegs of a minimum 3MB at 300dpi and a maximum of 15MB at 300dpi. Each entry must be accompanied with the entrant’s name, address, phone number and email address as well as date and location of the photograph. Any photographs taken by photographers under the age of 18 should be submitted with their name, age, address and the name and contact details of their parent or guardian; (h) entrants must own the copyright in all entries and by entering this competition entrants warrant that their entries do not infringe the rights of any third party; (i) no purchase is necessary; (j) Jersey Evening Post's competition rules apply, see www.jerseyeveningpost.com
3. Entries cannot be returned. By entering this competition, entrants agree that they are deemed to have agreed to grant to Luxury Jersey Hotels, Jersey Post and Jersey Evening Post a royalty-free non-exclusive worldwide licence to display, distribute, reproduce and publish their entries online and in print for any promotional, publicity or exhibition purposes.
4. For the avoidance of doubt, entrants agree that Luxury Jersey Hotels, Jersey Post and Jersey Evening Post shall have the right, but not the obligation, to exhibit and reproduce, and authorise others to reproduce, the winning entries for all publicity and promotional purposes connected to the competition, including exhibitions and postcards. The winning images are chosen at the judges' discretion. There will be no payment for publication.
5. Luxury Jersey Hotels, Jersey Post and Jersey Evening Post and anyone authorised by them shall endeavour to ensure that all entries used are credited with the entrant’s name where feasible.
The winner will be chosen by the panel of judges led by Patrick Burke, Chairman of Luxury Jersey Hotels; Peter Mourant, Picture Editor at Jersey Evening Post; and a representative from Jersey Post. The prize winners will be notified by post, email or telephone after the closing date. Luxury Jersey Hotels and Jersey Evening Post reserve the right to publish the names of the winners. The winning prizes are two nights' accommodation for two people at one of the six Luxury Jersey Hotels locations. A hotel breakfast is included but this prize excludes other meals and beverages. The prize will take the form of a gift voucher for a two-night stay and may be taken up to one year after its award, and some exclusions may apply. There is no cash alternative for this prize and the decision of the judges is final.The final placings will be announced in the Jersey Evening Post. The prizes will be presented at an event held on a date and a a location to be confrimed. No correspondence will be entered into. No purchase is necessary. No cash or other alternative to the prizes will be available. The prize does not include any travel costs incurred in attending the prize giving. The decision of the judges shall be final. Jersey Evening Post's standard competition rules apply, see www.jerseyeveningpost.com.